More Burbia....

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sneak Preview of Future Part of my Imagination Story which Includes Cagney

Foreword: Please do not take this little story seriously or get a bad impression of James Cagney since the Cagney character gives one the impression of that he does not care about his child. Sure, we all expect the pugnacity from James Cagney but I think I embellished it a little bit too much. This story came to me in a dream and I felt like I had to write it down. Also, the main characters' last name is the same last name of one of James Cagney's characters from one of his movies. Try to guess which one! So, anyway, here's the story which is a future addition to my imagination story which includes Cagney:
One night, Lisa has a weird dream about James Cagney; she dreams that she is a kindhearted, free-spirited eight-year-old girl named Eileen O'Hara who lives with her father Mutt (who is James Cagney) in a small town in New Mexico (let's say, about an hour north of Albuquerque). Mutt O'Hara is a hard-drinking, pugnacious widower, womanizer, and trucker who does his trucking business with his friends (who are James Cagney's real-life friends Pat O'Brien, Frank McHugh, etc) and spends much more time with them than he does with his daughter. One day after school, Eileen decides to visit her father at work and brings along an injured animal (as you can tell, Eileen has a big heart for injured animals). Mutt spots his daughter and asks her, "Eileen, why aren't you at home?" Eileen says, "I'm tired of being cooped up in that shack! And besides, I wanna visit you, Dad, 'cause I don't get to see you that often! (Shows her father the porcupine) I found an injured porcupine. Can I take it home so I can nurse it back to phone and then release back into the wild?" Mutt says, "Fine! Just don't come crying to me when it spikes ya!" He and his friends laugh while a frowning Eileen sits in the back of the truck and tends to the injured porcupine. Just then, the Nolans (who are Homer and Marge [Simpson]), one of the O'Haras' close friends, walk by and smile when they see Eileen taking care of the poor, injured porcupine. Mr. Nolan shouts to Mutt, "You're a lucky guy, Mr. O'Hara! Your daughter Eileen is quite a sweetheart!" Mutt says, "Thanks, Mr. Nolan, but she's my child and she's not for sale." Eileen says, "You say that, Dad, but then you never show me any affection." Mutt says, "Don't you dare give me any of that sass, missy!" Mrs. Nolan says, "We don't wanna buy her, Mr. O'Hara. We were just saying what a lucky guy you are for having a child like this." The next day, the O'Haras go to a party being held by Eileen's schoolfriend Kimmy Riordan (who is Shirley Temple), whose family isn't exactly rich but has more money than the O'Haras. During the party, Mutt seems to be doting on his daughter since he is always on her team in every game they play (including the game that seems to teach physics). However, when it comes to the softball game, Eileen and Kimmy are made captains of the two teams. Eileen asks her father, "Dad, would you like to be on my team?" Mutt says, "I'm sorry, Eileen, but I'd rather be on Kimmy's team." Eileen gasps and shouts at Kimmy, "You stole my father's affections! I'm never talking to you again! (To her father) And you, Dad, you're a good-for-nothing drunkard who sleeps with women and then kicks 'em outta the house the next morning 'cause you were too drunk to remember meeting them the night before! (Starts crying) Plus I don't like it when your friends come over and you guys play poker while smoking heavy cigars! And then you guys leave the house and go out on the town where you guys drink hard liquor at nightclubs and pubs but then get kicked out when you start a fight! But that doesn't matter anymore 'cause I'm running away!" Mutt asks, "Running away? (Scoffs) Where are you gonna go? I'm the only one you got!" Eileen shouts, "With the Nolans 'cause they love me!" She then runs away in a fit of tears. Kimmy says to Mutt, "I don't know what she was talking about, Mr. O'Hara. I wasn't trying to steal your affections. I don't know why you would wanna be on my team anyway. I hope Eileen isn't really mad at me! Anyway, we need a new team captain! (To her other guests) Who wants to be the captain of the other team?!" Randy McDowell (who is Bart), who is a bully at Eileen's school, shouts, "I wanna be a captain! (To Mutt) You're gonna be on my team, Mr. O'Hara!"

(To be continued. Please comment on this blog & tell me what u think of this story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

EW.com: Today's Latest Headlines

PopWatch